The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is dedicated to advancing the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer through education and research.
The integrity of ASCO’s programs is strengthened by the management of potential conflicts of interest. As a continuing medical education provider accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), and signatory to the Council of Medical Specialty Societies’ Code for Interactions with Companies, ASCO strives for balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all of its activities through appropriate disclosure and management of financial interests, among other things.
ASCO requires the participants in its activities —and all committee and Board members— to disclose financial interests or other relationships with for profit health care companies. The ASCO Policy for Relationships with Companies (Conflict of Interest Policies) is intended to help guide the management of potential conflicts, primarily through disclosure of all financial or other interests that might be construed as resulting in actual, potential, or apparent conflicts. ASCO’s Conflict of Interest Policy has been in existence since 1994 and was updated in July 1996, November 2002, March 2005, and April 2013.
ASCO’s Policy does not create a presumption of impropriety in the existence of financial interests or other relationships with companies. Although the ASCO Policy relies primarily on disclosure of financial and other interests, it also recognizes that some financial relationships cannot be managed with disclosure alone.
Conflict of Interest Policies
- COI Policy Implementation for CancerLinQ
- COI Policy Implementation for Quality Measures
- COI Implementation Policy for Leadership
- COI Implementation Policy for Grants and Awards of CCF
- COI Policy for Officers, Directors, and Key Employees
- COI Policy for Implementation for Clinical Practice Guidelines
- COI Implementation Policy for Grants and Awards
- COI Policy for Officers and Directors of CCF
- Confidentiality Release Form
- Social Media Policy